tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 27 07:45:31 1999

Fwd: STAR TREK: CONTINUUM COMMUNIQUE

Though not in Hol, here are two items I received today of I though were of
interest to the collective - particularly the first in light of the upcoming
qep'a' in Las Vegas:

---------------------  Begin Forwarded Message  ---------------------
From: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 05:04:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: STAR TREK: CONTINUUM COMMUNIQUE

-- Star Trek: The Experience will be hosting several events in the coming
months, including guest appearances, autograph signings and "Klingon Empire
Day", June 12.

-- "It's gratifying that the bat'leth has been accepted as one
of the few new bladed weapons that is actually practical.
The Navy department of research and the FBI have also
asked for tracings of the bat'leth for their own research
purposes" -- Dan Curry, speaking about his invention, the Klingon bat'leth

                           ************************
If you are not currently registered on the latest version of the STAR TREK:
CONTINUUM site, we invite you to visit
<http://www.startrek.com/>www.startrek.com and register for
this and other special features and privileges!
TM & Copyright (C) 1999 by Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved.
STAR TREK and Related Marks are Trademarks of Paramount Pictures.
----------------------  End Forwarded Message  ----------------------

Two comments:

1) I thought that {tlhIngan wo' jaj} was in March.  Or is that Empire Union
Day?  Aren't these the same thing?

2) Can it be that someone in the US Department of the Navy has fan-tasies (!)
of replacing the traditional officer's dress sabre with a {betleH}?!  Could
spiked gauntlets and metal tipped boots be far behind?  (Though I do think
that
the commander's sleeveless cloak would make a nice addition to the uniform.)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons (and ex-Navy officer)

Back to archive top level