tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 25 10:56:41 1999

Re: KLBC targhmey QongtaH Qotbogh yIchaw'

[email protected] writes:
:> Umm...shouldn't that be {QongtaHbogh targhmeyvaD Qot 'e' yIchaw'}?
:> (For the benifit of targs who are sleeping, to lay allow them.)

peHruS:
: qatlh DIp mojaq {-vaD} Dalo'?  qechlIj yIngu'!
: mu'tlhegh {Qongbogh targhmey QottaH 'e' yIchaw'} vIchup.

I've already given my 2 darseks worth on this, but peHruS's rewrite should
read:

  QottaH Qongbogh targhmey 'e' yIchaw'

{Qongbogh targhmey} "sleeping targs" is the subject of {Qot} "lie, recline".
If you're like me and are sometimes confused by where to place the VERB{bogh},
a good trick is to delete it (and all other modifiers) and look at the bare
structure of the clause:

  Qot targhmey

--
Voragh