tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 23 16:24:48 1999

Re: jI*interested*be'

: I've been swamped with Spam lately and would like to tell them (in Hol),
: that "I am not interested".  I know that the prefix jI' means "I" or "I
: am", and that -be' is "not", but I've not found the adjective
: "interested" anywhere.
:
:    --da laffin tlhIngan :>

There is no verb to "be interested", the closest is {Daj} "be interesting"
which refers to the quality of the thing itself, not your reaction to it.
What
you have to do then is say something about the thing that doesn't interest
you:

  jIHvaD Dajbe' QInvam'e' (jabbI'IDvam'e').
  This message (transmission) does not interest me.
  ("This message [transmission] is not interesting to/for me.")

or

  Dajbe' QInlIj 'e' vIQub.
  I think that your message is not interesting.

You might replace {Daj} with its opposite {qetlh} "be dull, be uninteresting"
or even {Dal} "be boring":

  Since your transmission is so uninteresting, I will not read it.
  qetlhqu'mo' jabbI'IDlIj vIlaDbe'.

or more to the point:

  I won't read (any of) your boring message(s).
  QIn(mey)lIj Dalbe' vIlaDQo'.

Be creative.  If you write in Klingon, you may feel freer to be rude - or
direct, as the Klingons would say.  If they can read tlhIngan Hol, they
probably won't be offended.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons