tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 08 22:38:58 1999

RE: KLBC

ja' DloraH:
>>batlh petaH
>
>ooh, I like this one.  You're not limiting what is being done honorably,
>like ghoS and ruch, etc do.

I like it too.  It belongs in a list of collected pithy Klingon phrases,
right next to charghwI''s {DaHjaj batlh jIHeghrup} for "Today is a good
day to die."

>Now lets see how many can give a simple translation (to english) that has
>the same power and feel as that.

I'm pretty sure the appropriate simple English translation of this is just
the basic "go with honor" that started the whole thing.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level