tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 05 22:41:51 1999

tlhIngan wo' Dujmey

quljIb:
: *Side note: I.D.F. stands for Imperial Defence Force. In Klingon, I'm
: guessing ships are refered to with <tlhIngan wo' Duj> or <voDleH Duj>,
: i,e." The Emperor's Ship" (Gilbert and Sullivan anyone?).

The IDF is generally called {tlhIngan Hubbeq}:

  "The official Klingon {QI'} [military (apparatus)] is the Klingon
  Defense Force, or {tlhIngan Hubbeq}." (KGT p.51)

{tlhIngan wo' Duj} "Imperial Klingon Vessel" (IKV) - sometimes seen as
"Imperial Klingon Ship" (IKS) in fandom - appears on SkyBox card S7:

  qIvo'rIt toQDuj 'oH tlhIngan wo' Duj pagh'e'
  The Imperial Klingon Vessel Pagh is a K'Vort-class Bird-of-Prey.

What Emperor Kahless II's personal ship is called is anyone's guess.  Ann
Schwayder in her John Fordian Neysa and Karan novels called it in
klingonaase *Kahlesste Cha'* "Kahless' Return", which proved prophetic in
light of the events later seen in TNG "Rightful Heir".

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level