tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 31 17:58:45 1999

Re: loQ jIrop

In a message dated 3/31/1999 10:25:53 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< I'm curious if anyone else had difficulty understanding this.
 cha'leS wa'ben bangwI' vItlhejchoH. I began to accompany my
 love a year ago two days from now. Is it really that odd?

 Yes, I do recognize that you can overstretch this kind of
 specificity, but we have canon for using one time stamp as
 anchor for another, like {wa'Hu' ram} for "last night".

I am not questioning the validity at all.  It just took some twisting and
turning of the reading to figure out what it means.  Maybe when I've read many
more such constructions, they will seem common to me.

peHruS

Back to archive top level