tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 31 12:38:10 1999

Re: Qapbe' DujwIj

At 10:09 AM 3/31/99 -0800, charghwI' wrote:

>The object of {ghoj} is a course, not a student. The object of
>{ghojmoH} is debatable. You definitely have no basis for the
>confidence you present.

I really give up!  Not even a month ago, we had a big blow-up
over {-moH} and what it did to verbs, and I posted my theory
that {-moH} adds a role to a verb without changing the existing
roles.  You, charghwI', seemed to agree with me.  ghunchu'wI'
seemed to admit it was a good argument.  I got into an exchange with
T'LoD (?) over this exact verb, and at the time I expressed
my opinion that the object of {ghojmoH} was the subject taught,
and NO ONE disagreed.  Now, suddenly you appear to have changed
your mind, and ghunchu'wI' seems to have renewed his arguments.

I swear, between the on-going flamewars, the endless nitpicking
over the most obscure nuances of meaning and the constant
re-opening of arguments that never come to any concensus, this
list isn't any fun anymore.  As recently as a year ago, it was
great.  Lots of posts in tlhIngan Hol, civil discussions and
enjoyable debate.  Now, it just sucks.

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level