tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 30 20:50:00 1999

Re: qama'

In a message dated 3/30/99 4:37:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< Neither will ghunchu'wI' be able to accuse me of MIS-thinking that
Chinese's
 {wan} is unlike tlhIngan Hol's {-pu'}.  It turns out that they work exactly
 the same way after all.  He was way too hasty in that accusation.  Of course,
 {wan} is only perfective if used in conjunction with {le}, {liao}, {je},
{ne},
 etc.  Elsewise it is perfect aspect (not tense).

 peHruS

STILL fighting the others, eh?   Oh, wait, I forgot, reH bIlugh 'ej reH
lughbe' Hoch, especially when it comes to Chinese.  My mistake.

T'Lod Doy'

Back to archive top level