tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 30 20:45:43 1999

Re: qama'

In a message dated 3/30/99 4:13:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< 'ach tlhIngan Hol mu' *perfective QIjmeH mu'mey DIlajchugh, latlh paqmey
 DIlo'nISbe'.  DaH ngeDqa'!!!

 peHruS

"But if we accept the Klingon language explanation of perfective, we don't use
other books.  Now it's easy again."  You need a -laH on DIlo'nISbe', for a
smoother translation.  That's my entire point, and several others on this
list.  We only need the TKD definiton of perfective in order to understand how
to use it.  HolQeD and some of MO's various comments also help here, but the
point is - WE DON'T NEED ANYTHING BUT TKD TO UNDERSTAND KLINGON PERFECTIVE.
It was always easy, you just made it harder on yourself by trying to graft
other language's terminology for perfective and usage of perfective onto
Klingon.  That was your problem, and I still don't think you've admitted it.
Until then, you will always have trouble with Klingon aspect.

T'Lod moghqu'.  'oy' nachwIj.

Back to archive top level