tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 30 15:35:42 1999

Re: Qapbe' DujwIj

In English, you can teach a person AND/OR teach a subject.  However,
{ghojmoH} is not the same as "teach."  {ghojmoH} means "teach (a person)."
That's not how it's defined for us, but that's what the construction
{ghoj} + {-moH} means.  "Cause to learn."

It is quite clear to me that {mughojmoH Qanqor} is the correct way to say
"Krankor teaches me."

SuStel

jatlh peHruS:
I also argued that I do not think {mughojmoH Qanqor} works. But, no one
has
told me why he thinks it does work. My opinion is that: we teach a
subject,
not a person. Obviously, the prefix {mu-} indicates a person.

I would have said: {jIHvaD ghojmoH Qanqor}.

Still open to comments and opinions.

Back to archive top level