tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 22 18:24:05 1999

RE: KLBC: Proverbs

ja' quljIb:
>> I'm not sure the idea of "storm" fits "snow" well in the first place anyway.
>> Why not just say {peDtaH 'e' yIHajQo'} or {peDqu'taH 'e' yIHajQo'}?
>>
>Well then, perhaps {jevwI'} "that which storms" is a good substitute, eh?

It doesn't sound like a good substitute for "storm" to me.  But if you
really *must* use the word "storm", use it as a verb:  jev 'e' yIHajQo'.
Don't force Klingon verbs into noun roles when there are perfectly good
ways to use them as verbs.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level