tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 20 18:27:50 1999

Re: Fresh Food in Space

>> "In order for the atmosphere and water to resume being new, do Klingon
>> ships [or does a Klingon ship] carry fruits/vegetables?"
>>
>[snip]
>> {naH} usually refers to the part of a plant which is eaten as food.  I'm
>> pretty sure you're not interested in the "food" part of the idea.  Perhaps
>> {tI} "vegetation" would be a more appropriate word.
>
>No, I specifically ment {naHmey}. As I said before: outside ceremonial
>readons and/or a ship captain's personal taste, why would Klingons bother
>with vegetation they can't eat? Having {naH} aboard kills two birds with
>one stone.

naH by themself wouldn't help the air.  You would need the whole plant for
that. naH refers only to the part of the tI that we eat.
An apple sitting on your table won't recycle the air.
A whole apple tree does recycle air and provides food (naH)

>Well, there is that long-horned ox-like beast mentioned in Freidman's
>novel, Kahless - what's it called?

I don't remember the long-horned part; maybe there was more than one type of
"ox", but one ox like animal from "Kahless" is the minn'hor.

DloraH

Back to archive top level