tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 20 14:52:17 1999

Re: qama'

david joslyn schrieb:
> Wait...does this mean <jatmey> could also mean "mumblings"?
> No, wait...that would be <jatwI'mey>. Oh well.

If you're referring to the literary organ of the KLI, then no. {jatmey}
means "tongues scattered all about". Normally it should be {jatDu'}
"tongues", but that's only if you're talking about a being with more
than one tongue or if you're talking about a food (verengan jatDu').

{jatwI'mey} is wrong, no matter what it means. Since {jat} is a verb of
speaking, a {jatwI'} is someone capable of using language, so you need
{-pu'} for plural: {jatwI'pu'} I understand that as "mumblers" or
"poeple who speak incoherently".

What does "mumbling" mean? It's not listed in my dictionary, only
"mumble" as verb and noun. What do you think about that for "mumble"(n)
{jatbogh wab} ("mumbling noise")?

muHwI'

Back to archive top level