tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 17 08:44:58 1999

Re: tlhIroghnI'???

Quvar muHwI':

> somebody told me that a *tlhIroghnI'* is "a night blooming flower".
> He got it from the Paramount Page.

IIRC, in one of the early TNG episodes (1st or 2nd season?) Wesley Crusher
and a friend had been skiing on the holodeck.  When they left they were
still covered in snow and passed Worf, who remarked that they smelled of
"night-blooming *throgni*".  I imagine this Klingon flower has a pungent,
distinctive odor.

I don't believe we've ever seen an official tlhIngan Hol spelling; was it
on the web page?  I wonder if Okrand has been doing a few transcriptions
for Paramount's public database?  What's the URL?

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level