tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 12 08:16:36 1999

RE: Aspect

nuqneH
I would like someone to talk to in Klingon, it would have to be basic
to start with, just a few phrases and stuff, I only know a very small
amount, in fact just the first 3 verb types but I'm learning fast.
If you would like to teach me please respond soon.

Qapla

what would klingon strike force be? would it be
tlhIngan mup raD

---Holtej <[email protected]> wrote:

> > What I said in passing was that I've heard phrases like "for my
father" or
> > "because of the wind" referred to as "adjects".  I didn't intend for
> anyone
> > to go off on a tangent chasing down the term.  Whether or not it's a
> "real"
> > term in contemporary grammar is irrelevant to the task of coming
to a good
> > understanding of Klingon noun suffixes.
>
> I believe the term you're looking for here is 'adjunct.'  In the
formal
> theory of linguistics where I do my work, it describes a constituent
phrase
> that is not an argument (that is, is not receiving thematic roles)
from