tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 10 20:29:41 1999

Re: Klingon Phonetics

>> 2. Klingon has a restriction that only one consonent can occur in the
>> coda (the end of a syllable), with the exception of the common "rgh"
>> construction ["ghargh" (worm) and many others]. Why is it then that when
>> Klingson borrowed "Picard" from English, it became "pIcarD"?

Wouldn't that be borrowed from French?  The character was supposed to be
from France. (and use q not c. pIqarD)
I know people that have those "wierd" names like from Czeckloslovakia (sp?)
and a few other countries.  They live in America, speak English, but still
use the "native" spelling.

>YES!!! THANKYOU, LORD!!!
>At last, somebody interested in the stucture of tlhIngan Hol as I am.
>Johnny B., we simply MUST talk. :-)
>
>quljIb

?? You're not the only two to dicuss this topic.
Do you have KGT yet?

DloraH

Back to archive top level