tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 09 17:01:48 1999

Re: chaq tugh jImej.

>...{targhvaD Qa'Hom vISopmoH}...
>... One group (so
>far as I know, only me) think it definitely means that the targ
>eats the Qa'Hom.

You're not alone.  This is how I've been using it.
(I may not be a grammarian, but I HOPE people here don't think too lowly of
my language abilities)

>... A second group (mostly Krankor) believes that
>the Qa'Hom definitely eats, but the targ mysteriously benefits
>from this. There's no way the Qa'Hom is being eaten.

For this I might say targhmo'...
or Qa'Hom vISopmoHmo' ... then explain HOW the targh benefits.
Kind of like "It's cold outside"; what is "it"?
How does the targh benefit?  It requires more than -vaD.

>... and Okrand is not likely to fix this any time
>soon. I'd be delighted if he did, but it is not the sort of
>thing I expect to happen.

Has anyone heard from him lately about anything?

DloraH

Back to archive top level