tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 08 16:29:06 1999

Re: mu'mey Dajqu'

At 02:50 PM 3/8/99 -0800, T'Lod wrote:

>I've found that looking at the jokes hidden in some words help me remember
>them, such as "fire" (qul - cool), etc.  What are some of KGT's hidden jokes?

I don't keep list like that, so I can't tell you a lot, but two that come
to mind are

/gham/ 'leg of meat' - 'gam' was 1940's slang for a woman's leg
/'oQqar/ 'tuber' - the musical instrument called the ocarina is sometimes
referred to as a "sweet potato" (because of its shape).

But there are _lots_ more.

>T'Lod

Back to archive top level