tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 06 17:48:42 1999

Re: yIt

ja' T'Lod:
><< juH vIghoS. jIyIt.
>  >>

>Why not just say:
>juHDaq jIyIt.

Because that is at least as likely to mean "I walk at home" or
"I walk in the home".  It's certainly not as clearly expressed
as the {juH vIghoS; jIyIt} that charghwI' suggested.  Although
one might be able to interpret the two sentences as indicating
a sequence, the important idea of going home is unmistakable.
To be more certain of being understood, one could make one of
the sentences into a clause tied to the other one:

juH vIghoStaHvIS jIyIt.
juH vIghoS jIyIttaHvIS.
juH vIghoSmeH jIyItlI'.
jIyIttaHmo' juH vIghoSlI'.