tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 05 12:24:52 1999

KLBC: comparative inquiries

When asking a question, the question-forming word (who or what) takes the
place of the noun of its answer. I wanted to try and say some comparative
inquiries (in particular "which one of you is oldest"), here are my
results:

'Iv qan law' Hoch qan puS?	"Who is the oldest of all?"

(That question asks who the oldest person in existance is, not quite what I
was reaching for)

'Iv qan law' tlhIh qan puS?		"Who is older than you?"

(That question implies that the answer is not included in the asked group,
also not what I was going for)

[DaH tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhchoH 'e' yIchaw'...]

'e' parpu'mo', mu'tlheghvam vInIDta': <qupra' 'Iv> (yonmoHHa'ghach rap
vISuq).

***vIyajlaHbe' neH! mu'mey chu' (vay' ghap) vISuqnIS. boghaj'a'?***

--- loD Doq

Back to archive top level