tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 01 10:21:40 1999

RE: Definition of Aspect

> I looked for the FAQ ghunchu'wI' says he wrote.  I found only an FAQ by
> D'Armand Speers on tlhIngan Hol.  I did find several other FAQs regarding
> Klingons, but not about tlhIngan Hol.

Please, my name is d'Armond.  If the unusual spelling is a problem for anyone to remember,
{Holtej} will do just fine.

My FAQ is the one you're looking for.  The FAQ I pointed you to before, which I maintain,
is a collection of answers to questions about Klingon.  Mostly, I compiled these answers
from postings made to this list by other people.  The FAQ itself explains this.  I'm glad
you found it; you should also read it.

The section of that FAQ that talks about tense and aspect in Klingon was a post to this
list written by ghunchu'wI'.  To read this section of the FAQ, here's the direct link:

http://www.bigfoot.com/~dspeers/klingon/faq.htm#3.1

I should also state publicly that I do not consider the FAQ to be the last word on any
point of Klingon grammar.  It is intended to be a point of reference.  Our knowledge of
the language changes over time, and if any of the sections of the FAQ need to be updated
to reflect this change, we need to address that on the list.  I need more than someone
saying "that's old, it needs to be updated," I need (1) compelling evidence that the
information is out-of-date or inaccurate, (2) references to relevant sections of the FAQ
that are affected, (3) if possible, specific corrections that need to be made.  The real
point of the FAQ is to serve as a point of departure for conversations.  We don't need to
re-discuss the basics of tense and aspect every month, but if there's something new that
does need to be discussed, we don't have to start from square one again.

> peHruS

-- Holtej 'utlh

Back to archive top level