tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 29 06:28:23 1999

Re: KLBC

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999 02:11:09 -0400 The Swale Family
<[email protected]> wrote:

> nuqneH
>
> Karmev 'oH pongwIj'e'

Welcome, Karmev. charghwI' 'utlh 'oH pongwIj'e'. I'm the acting
Beginner's Grammarian (for the next three days). I'm standing in
for pagh, who should be back on Friday.

> tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhlaHbetoh.

You were doing great, right out to the last four letters.
Replace "toh" with an apostrophe and you'd have obviously stated
a lie, since you would have stated it in Klingon. I'd have to
judge that in this case:

tlhoS tlhIngan Hol DajatlhlaHba'.

I don't know what resources you have, so I'll explain that if
you only have TKD, that first word is an adverb meaning
"almost". The rest, you should be able to figure out.

I look forward to more contributions from you.

> Qapla'

charghwI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level