tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 25 08:38:27 1999

Re: Love (A-Ha!)

ja' charghwI' 'utlh:

I might suggest that while this all seems like a revellation to
you, you might try reading TKD, page 47 (4.3 Rovers). Okrand
explicitly explains that {-Ha'} has two meanings. One is to
"undo". The other is "do wrongly". TKD really is worth reading.

jIjang:

I'm aware of both meanings, as you'd know if you'd been following the
discussion.  The issue is that the /-Ha'/ of /muSHa'/, /parHa'/, /QayHa'/,
and /tungHa'/ seems to express a third meaning, *do the opposite of*, which
I feel is not self-evident or easily derivable from the first two.

As for TKD, I keep reminding people on the list, who are understandably
baffled, that, being uncreditworthy and most likely separated by several
well-patrolled borders from the nearest copy of TKD, I'm temporarily
reliant on kind informants like yourself.

qa'ral

Back to archive top level