tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 02 07:23:40 1999

Re: love

ghunchu'wI':
>Excuse my bluntness, but...WRONG!! There is no verb meaning "love" in the
>known tlhIngan Hol lexicon. There are many other ways to express the idea
>more precisely than the vague English word "love" is capable of: {SaH},
>{Qorgh}, {neH}, {tlho'}, {parHa'qu'}, etc.

SuStel:
: Of course, there is the word {parmaq}, which is a specific Klingon emotion
: which has to do with "love, with more aggressive overtones."

True enough, but his examples were verbs; {parmaq} is a noun.  ghunchu'wI' is
right in that "There is no verb meaning 'love' in the known tlhIngan Hol
lexicon."  At least, not explicitly.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons