tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 26 17:59:00 1999

Re: jIDach (KLBC)

[regarding destinations as objects of locative verbs]

ja' HovqIj:
>No, you wouldn't.  :-)   This rule has been given to us from MO only some
>time ago. When TKD came out nobody knew about this rule, except for Maltz,
>of course.

That rule is at least hinted at in the description of {ghoS} on page 18 of
The Klingon Dictionary:  "The locative suffix *need not* be used on nouns
which are the objects of such verbs." [my emphasis]  The example of using
{-Daq} doesn't exactly match the explanation we received recently, but it
isn't completely contradicted, either.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level