tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 23 11:54:57 1999

Re: jIDach (KLBC)

Christiane Scharf wrote:

> >> tlhIngan Hol Dalo'taHvIS bIQaghbe', 'ach bImughDI' qay'choH chuvmey:
> >> loD jIHbe'. be' jIH.
> >
> >toH!  be' SoHmo', pIjoy'be'!
>
> tuqaDvIp'a'? ;-)

qarIQmoH vIneHbe'.

> >be' SoH 'e' vItlhojbe'. chomerbej.
>
> Hoch jaj ngab peghmey puS.
>

> >> taghwI'pu', chIch tujoy'chugh SaHoH,
> >
> >jImon.  Good opening line to your BG spiel.  You gotta set those ground
> rules!
> >:)
> >
> >qatlh qep'a'Daq bIjaHbe'?
>
> [It's {qatlh qep'a'(Daq) DajaHbe'?}. You wrote "Why don't you go _at_
> qep'a'?".]

You know, honest to goodness it NEVER even occurred to me that those verb
prefixes implied locative.  I read that last night on the newsgroup (the posts
from MO).  I was blown away.  Was it like that all along and I just never
noticed?  So in most of the cases I've always used {-Daq} I never really
needed it?  Or does both ways work?  Like the example on pg. 27 of TKD

pa'Daq yIjaH.  Go to the room.

Now, I always assumed the {yI-} was "no object".  Doggone imperatives.  But
even if it is the {yI-} meaning {you/it} MO still used {-Daq}.   But now, we
find it's only supposed to be {pa' yIjaH}?  Hmmmm.  jImIS.  I'm behind on this
list a little so I'll go back and read the recent posts about this because,
chances are, this has already been discussed.

> *Germany* vIDab. qep'a' Daqvo' jIHopqu'. waghqu' leng. Do'Ha'.

jIyaj.  'ach QaQ je.  DaH *BG* ru' SoH!

QInteS

> HovqIj
> -- temporary BG