tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 20 22:32:59 1999

Re: KLBC jang pI'lo

jIja'pu':
>Do'Ha'qu'. :-(
>chaq qeqlIjDaq Danabta'bogh jIjeSbe', 'ach DaH qaSbe' qeqvetlh.
>maHvaD <mI'qu'> ta Daqonqang'a'?
>
>>'ach  *October  SaqIHlaHDI'  vItul.  [or should it be jItul?]
>>*Henderson, Nevada-Daq 'uQ'a'Daq jIlengbej.  lopno'  yItIvqu'!
>
>wanI'vetlh vISuchlaHbe' je.
>cha'logh Indiana-vo' Nevada-Daq vIlengpu'; wejlogh jIruchbe'.

ja' pI'lo:
>ghunchu'wI', qajatlh  (are we supposed to use "speak" in correspondence
>or is there a better verb?)

I usually use {ja'}, neatly sidestepping the issue of whether I'm making
noise or writing words. :-)  Perhaps {jang} would be appropriate here.

> Was your missive to say "Perhaps in the class you planned, did you
>'composed a record' of the workout for us?"

You missed a few words in the first line.  What I intended was  "Maybe I
would not participate in your drill which you have planned, but now that
drill will not happen."  The second sentence is "Are you willing to record
a record of {mI'qu'} for us?"

>I assume you mean the record refers to a video. [Alas, ghobe']

Exactly correct.  So find someone with a video camera; yIruch!

> You also mentioned that you won't be able to attend the Qot bavol
>shindig.
>You've traveled from Indiana to Nevada twice; three times you won't go.

After qep'a' javDIch, I will have traveled twice this summer.

>Golly, I sure hope SOMEBODY from here goes to the lopno'.
>Dunbejqu' lopno'vetlh.
>chaq jImI'vIS jechHomwIj lutIv. }}}8-0.

jIHvaD jechHomvetlh Dellu'pu'.  ghaytan vItIvbej.

>chaq vImaw, chaq vImawbe'.
>jISaHbe'.  jIta'  vInab.                    }}};-)      pI'lo

bIQutbe'law'mo' ghaytan jIH chomawbe'.

>ps. it only took me about an hour to do this. Being a beginner sucks.

nom bIDubbej.  tugh ngeDchoH.  HIvoq.
Being a beginner is a necessary phase, but it will pass.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level