tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 19 11:31:11 1999

Re: Airplane Rides (continued)

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999 11:07:52 -0400 Robyn Stewart
<[email protected]> wrote:

> nabwIj vImuch:
>
> Wednesday wa'maH wej rep North Las Vegas Airportvo' tlheD Duj.

Qu'vatlh! wa'maH wejvatlh wa'maH vagh rep latlh *Airport*Daq
jIpaw! tlhoS jIjeSlaH. chaq SujuSDI' SarI'; jIyu'egh. {{:)>

[jIqIDmeH chech jIQaghqang.]

> wej
> raQpo' vIHIjlaH.  jeS luneHlaw' charghwI', ghunchu'wI', pagh, Qanqor,
> Qor'etlh, Holtej je 'ach Wednesday jeSlaHbe' pagh ghunchu'wI' je.  wej
> ram leng DIch vIghaj.

va!

> ghaytan wa'maH vagh rep machegh 'ej latlhpu'vaD lengHom cha'DIch vItIv.

'eb vIloSlI'.

> bIjeS DaneHchugh DaH HISovmoH.
>
> ---
> At one pm on Wednesday I will be flying out of North Las Vegas Airport
> in a four-seater plane.  So far six people have expressed interest in
> flying, but two have confirmed they can't make it on Wednesday.  I'm
> hoping that three people *can* make it. My tentative plan is to fly one
> two or three hour trip (the city, Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon) and then
> return to take a shorter trip for anyone who can come later.  The cost
> will be US$65/hr, divided by the number of people on board, including
> me, based on the time the airplane engine is running.
>
> If you *know* you want to and are able to go on the 1 pm departure,
> even if you are one of the people named in the Klingon part of the
> message above, let me know as soon as possible.  If you think you will
> be able to go for an hour or so at 4 or 5 pm., let me know by noon on
> Wednesday.  I will try to arrange an evening flight later in the week
> so that everyone who wants to can fly.

My flight comes in at the wrong airport at 1:15pm, so I can't go
on the first trip. I'd be up for the second trip. Just as an
idea, if you can't get many people on the first trip, maybe you
should reverse your plans and make a short trip first and THEN
make the longer trip when more could attend. Just a thought.
That way, more people would share more of the cost.

> Note that "North Las Vegas Airport" is NOT the north end of McCarran
> International (the main international airport).  It is a different
> airport, still in the city, but further (guess where) north.  It should
> be on a city map.  I'm going to trust the cabs can find it.
>
> Note also that it is an airport, and that airplanes are not big on
> shoulder room, so weapons, fire, jokes about Klingon terrorists, and
> bulky costumes are best left at the hotel.  We will not be flying over
> Area 51 or Nellis Air Force base (but we'll probably see the latter,
> and possible some of its jet traffic, from the air).

Targets and no weapons. wejpuH.