tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 15 18:29:04 1999

RE: um...hi

Welcome to the list, bal'IH. My name is pagh, and I am the current
Beginners' Grammarian for the list. Whenever you have a post you want help
with, mark it for my attention with a KLBC in the subject line.

jatlh bal'IH:

> Hello everyone,
> 	I am known as bal'IH and I've been hanging around
> "listening" for a little while now.  I managed to get
> my Klingon Dictionary today so I'm happy.

maj.

> 	The reason why I'm writing before I can say a bit
> about myself in Klingon is that I am a Captain in an
> email RPG where I act as editor and recently one of
> the writers, a non-Klingon character, submitted a post
> with one of our Klingon characters, the Chief of
> Security, naming the security staff as "honour family"
> and I get the feeling that a Klingon does not do
> something like that lightly.  I would appreciate any
> help you would be able to give me either directly or
> pointing me in the right direction.

I suspect the security chief (probably <Hung pIn>) would call his security
officers, well, security officers (<Hung yaS> or (optionally) for plural
<Hung yaSpu'>).

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ