tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 05 00:15:44 1999

Re: weekend-wIj'e'

In a message dated 7/3/1999 3:00:53 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< >Second, {yItamtaH} implies that the child is already being quiet
 >and the command-giver is ordering him to keep on being quiet.
{yItam'eghmoH}
 >has been given to us as canon for "Quiet yourself!"

 Where is this given?  References, please? >>
I will definitely try to supply you a reference.  I do remember clearly being
surprised myself when MO talked about this different construction for
descriptive verb commands.

peHruS

Back to archive top level