tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 01 04:14:50 1999

Re: KLBC challenge

In a message dated 6/29/1999 10:57:44 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< Shouldn't that be: {Dat 'oHtaH batlh'e'} "honor is everywhere"?  Even if it
 weren't an equational sentence, {-taH} "continuous" nicely reinforces {Dat}
 "everywhere".  Hmmm... or is {Dat batlh 'oH} supposed to mean, "it (either
 {ghoch} or {He}) is honorably everywhere"? >>
=============
I have not read further than this message yet.  Dangerous, I know.  There is
probably some other comment that will invalidate my message altogether; but,
here goes.  I read {Dat batlh 'oH} only as "It is honorably everywhere."
And, the "it" ('oH) appears to refer back to "goal" (ghoch) without any
problem to me.

Since the question referred to one's having forgotten the goal, charghwI'
'utlh's answer implies that one's goal is everywhere, honorably, remembered
or forgotten.

peHruS

Back to archive top level