tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 01 03:23:58 1999

Re: KLBC challenge

ja' charghwI':

poHwIj DapoQqu'.... bIqay'qu'. *KLBC*vaD 'Itlhqu' qaDlIj. choghong.... DaH
bIqay'pu'. qaDwIj naQ yIta'. mu'meywIj yImugh. HaghwI' Qav yIngu'.

jIjang:

I wasn't sure how to judge the tone of your message, but due to the
infrequency of smiley faces, I tended to read it without irony.  I never
meant to waste your time or abuse your challenge, though I did allow myself
to have fun.  (After all, you encouraged "an inventive question".)  I was
genuinely interested in testing my Klingon and had the clever idea (so I
thought) of combining this exercise with a grammar question I've been
wondering about.  I normally have to rein in my curiosity, since my
questions tend to get flak for being either too elementary (i.e., spelled
out clearly in TKD) or, in this case, too "advanced".  Can't win for
losin'.

P.S.  Does this mean I can't use KLBC any more?

P.P.S.  My translation is forthcoming.

qa'ral

Back to archive top level