tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 26 17:02:02 1999

Re: Klingon in the News

In a message dated 1/26/1999 10:35:29 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< Um...I don't think so.  Check TKD for the definition of {Da} -- and
 make sure you actually check TKD and not your own compilation of word
 meanings, since I've seen you give some rather unusual interpretations
 of what things mean.  You've said "Actors are acting *like* rivals."
 Try {much} instead -- I'd probably have understood that immediately,
 and I might even have figured out why {lu-} was appropriate given the
 context of people "presenting" something as opposed to "acting in the
 manner of" it. >>

I am not the person who started using {Da} for acting, mime, playing roles.  I
don't know who started using {Da} this way, but I recall seeing it several
times.

As to interpretations of TKD glosses, we are doing our best "individual"
interpretations until MO uses the words in sentences.  I often feel some the
so-called experts of KLI have some truly weird interpretations.

peHruS

Back to archive top level