tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 26 16:49:16 1999

Re: KLBC: Two IFs on one THEN?

In a message dated 1/26/1999 4:34:30 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< qorDu' SaHlu'chugh 'ej matlhlu'chugh vaj wa' tlhIngan ghob
  potlhqu'
  devotion and loyalty to family is one of the most important
  Klingon virtues.  (SkyBox S13) >>

This is canon.  I cannot question its validity.

I do have a question about understanding it just as it is composed.

{vaj wa' tlhIngan ghob potlhqu'} seems to have a verb acting as an adjective
(TKD 4.4).  But, I cannot find any word in this phrase acting as a main verb.

Is this a new (?) construction showing that the entire phrase after {vaj} IS
something?

Help!

peHruS

Back to archive top level