tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 18 14:22:12 1999

Re: HolQeD

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999 07:52:49 -0800 (PST) Terrence Donnelly
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I received my latest issue of HolQeD over a week ago.  Has anyone else
> received theirs?  If so, the list has been strangely silent about it.
>
> I'd like to comment on the excellent interview with Marc Okrand.  It
> was great: it gave us some new information that confirmed some of
> my own opinions and that didn't contradict any of my cherished
> beliefs.  What more could you ask for!
>
> charghwI', yu'meH mIwlIjmo' qavanbej!
>
> -- ter'eS

choquvmoH. I hoped people would enjoy it and get a lot from it,
though I didn't want to trumpet it as signficant if nobody else
thought so.

Mostly, I tried to elicit as much detail as possible while
giving him the space to only offer as much as he wanted. In the
process, I got more than a couple answers that contradicted what
I hoped the answer would be, but in the process of adjusting to
his answers, I'm enjoying this more confident understanding of
the way things work. The range of expression is improved for me.

It is an incremental improvement. I particularly enjoyed the
part about verbs of speech. It makes sense to me.

The stuff about {jaH} and such required some adjustment on my
part, but I'm fully willing to make that adjustment. Mostly, I
want us to speak one language. The more we have to guess, the
less we do that.

charghwI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level