tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 10 10:10:50 1999

Re: Quite a few more word puns

ja' K'ryntes:
> nughI'  (noogie)  twist knuckle into someone's head
>
>Pwa ha ha!  That's my favorite! :)

To be fair, that one is generally recognized as a loan-word from Federation
Standard. :)  I am an eyewitness to the first time the word was known to be
used by a recognized source, and I can trace its adoption throughout the
Klingon-speaking community.  To the best of my knowledge, nobody managed to
capture the actual event of its use for later scrutiny, but the word itself
was quickly recorded and made known in various publications.  (I'm sure that
someone else recalls the names of the persons actually doing in the activity
that prompted the word to become an accepted part of the language.)

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level