tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 09 12:29:31 1999

Okrand on {tlhej} "accompany"

Okrand expands the meaning of {tlhej} "accompany" to include the notion of
"share in an activity, do something with someone" - the sense of "go
(somewhere) with" thus becomes one of the most common shared activities.

BTW, this isn't new; Okrand discussed {tlhej} in his interview in HolQeD
2.4.  There he gave three versions of "I drink tea with Torg and Maltz":

	Dargh vItlhutlhDI' mutlhej torgh matlh je.
	Dargh tlhutlh.  mutlhej torgh matlh je.
	Dargh vItlhutlh 'ej mutlhej torgh matlh je.

With Okrand's comment below, we now know that Torg and Maltz actually drank
the tea - no doubt sharing in a Klingon Tea Ceremony - and not merely went
with the speaker to the tea house (though they well may have done this as
well).