tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 16 12:04:26 1999

Re: Complex Sentences

>referring to a destination.  Yet, I have seen discussion regarding {paw}
>claiming that one actually "arrives" AT the location, thus requiring the
>locative construction.

paw  is covered in HolQeD 7.4 p 9
interview with MO

MO** [Duj vIpaw] means "I arrive at the ship"; [DujDaq jIpaw] means "I
arrive on the ship", that is, I arrive via the ship or something like that.
And it would probably be okay to say [DujDaq vIpaw] for "I arrive at the
ship".  But [Duj jIpaw] strikes me as odd. **

DloraH

Back to archive top level