tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 12 19:54:50 1999

Re: gauntlets (was: another new-to-the-list person's question)

From: Lieven L. Litaer <[email protected]>

>Me written:
>>: The letters on the gauntlets say {vrchD}
>DaH jIlugh'eghnISmoH. {brchD} bIH Deghmey'e'.
>
>Voragh writed:
>>Perhaps it's some military abbreviation: {v.r.ch.D.}  Consider
>>it an opportunity to "reconstruct" the underlying text!
>Yes, that's what I've been thinking too. I've tried  it several times...

Danger Will Robinson!  Voragh was joking.  For one thing, we don't know that
the symbols even represent letters.  For all we know, it might be impossible
to abbreviate in Klingon!  One thing that I am sure of is that it is highly
unlikely that the Klingon symbols we see are an alphabet.  (The glyph series
are usually too short for their supposed meanings.  "Welcome Klingons?")

SuStel
Stardate 99118.4

Back to archive top level