tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 04 13:58:44 1999

Re: Sovchu'wI' (a wise man)

William H. Martin wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Feb 1999 06:04:26 -0800 (PST) K'ryntes
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> ..
> > mataHmeH laHmeymaj tu'Ha' DIDubnIS.
> >
> > Why not just make undiscovered an adjective?  Doesn't look so messy that way.
>
> It also doen't look anything like correct this way. {tu'} is a
> transitive verb. It means "discover". It does not mean "be
> discovered". The subject is the one doing the finding. The
> object is the thing being found.

Are you saying that transitive verbs can't be used as adjective at all?  Or did I
just do it wrong in this situation?

> You also seem a bit vague on
> the difference between {-be'} and {-Ha'}. I'll assume you've
> seen the other post on that and I'll avoid repeating myself.

Yes, I was thinking I could use *-Ha* to make words opposite.

> Nice try, though, misguided as it was. butlh Daghajba'.

qatlho'neS.  :)

K'ryntes

Back to archive top level