tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 29 19:42:12 1999

Re: A very merry Christmas

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Alan Anderson wrote:

> >How would in Klingon say "Merry Christmas & Happy New Year"
>
> Here's a link to the truly marvelous answer charghwI' once gave to that
> very question -- /tlhIngan-Hol/1996/Jan96/0015.html

...Only marvelous if ridiculing a simple question is one's idea of fun.  I
found it ...unworthy, and dishonorable...

 >How would in Klingon say "Merry Christmas & Happy New Year"

Perhaps something like "QISmaS yItIv 'ej DIS chu' yIlop!"

You might wish to translate Christmas, instead of transliterate (toDwI'
qoS?).  This of course gets us off into the problem of the meaning of the
holiday and I fear this is not the forum ....

** joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]    **
****   Hegh tI, 'ej ngab tI naH, 'ach reH taHtaH joH'a'ma' mu'****
**"The grass withers, and the flowers fade, but the word of our **
** God stands forever." Isaiah 40.8 NLT** http://umn.edu/~joela **
**http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon/uta: The Universal Translator**

Back to archive top level