tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 28 11:14:26 1999

Re: Star Trek : Klingon! CD-Rom Game observation

<< > pIj *KCD* vIQujpu'. reH munuQpu' vIDellaHbe'bogh vay'.

 Anybody capable of using grammar of this sophistication should
 work a little harder on word order. Direct objects preceed
 verbs, even in relative clauses. Also, I suspect you wanted the
 verb {ghov} instead of {Del}.

I wasn't certain which verb would better carry the connotation I was looking
for. What I wanted to convey is carried by the *other* Terran colloquialism,
"Something which I could not quite put my finger on"...I went with
Del<describe> as a variant on "define", but it really doesn't quite work,
either. Anyone else have any ideas ?

juDmoS

Back to archive top level