tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 26 17:14:47 1999

Re: <ghe''or> or <ghe'tor>?

De'vID:
: It's <ghe''or> in TKD, but <ghe'tor> in KGT.  On the tapes
: I hear <ghe''or>.  Is KGT a correction, or a mistake?

I assumed {ghe'tor} was a correction; he used {ghe'tor} three times in KGT
but {ghe''or} only once on CK.  (Perhaps Okrand misheard Gre'thor when he
was compiling vocabulary for the Addendum to TKD?)  AFAIK he's never
discussed the difference, so we can consider them alternate
spellings/pronunciations for the moment.  Personally, I use {ghe'tor}.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level