tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 22 04:56:53 1999

Re: KLBC: qoSDajvaD...

 maj. Huch wIqengnISbejtaHmo' tera'nganpu', lI' Huch polwI'. pIj DIrvo' chen
 tera' Huch polwI'. qatlh? jISovbe', 'ach Huch polmeH nIvlaw' DIr.

vangDI' tera'nganpu', pIj Dogh ram je ta'meyqoqchaj. bIghItlhpu'bogh Hoch
jIyajbe' . '  DIrvo'  '  mu'vam vISovbe' . DIr jISovba', 'ach '  -vo' '
jISovbe'. vIleghpu'bogh mojaQchu' 'oH'a' ?

One grammar comment - the way <pong> works is that the thing being named
 gets a <-vaD>, while the name is the direct object:

 DIrvamvaD <walIt> lupong tera'nganpu'.

 Also, I'd probably transliterate "wallet" as <wallet> or maybe <wal'et>, but
 that's just me. With <walIt> or <walet>, I stress the second syllable, and
 it just comes out weird. I think it's time to go through the (very brief)
 section in TKD on stress again, just to know for sure what it says.

That was kinda the effect I was going for, actually. "Those Terrans call this
skin a (demonstrating the strange name they have chosen)  ' wah - lit '.

juDmoS

Back to archive top level