tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 19 10:43:22 1999

Re: KLBC: The Klingon Hamlet? (also WOTD)

jatlh pagh:
> Ah, the famous <SoH 'Iv?>. This and another example - <Dochvam nuq?> - are
> two times when the usual rules don't hold and the question word looks like
> it is actually acting like a pronoun. We really don't know exactly when
> <nuq> and <'Iv> can do this, but if you're using them in a whole sentence
> which already has a pronoun, then the question words just go in their
normal
> places.

In a message by Okrand which I do not have in my mail folder, Okrand tells
us that the questions words CAN act like pronouns (or at least, I assume
that {nuq}, {nuqDaq}, and {'Iv} can).  Perhaps someone would be good enough
to quote the message?

SuStel
Stardate 99966.5

Back to archive top level