tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 13 15:44:52 1999

Re: Nautical Directions/Navigation

At 05:52 PM 12/13/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Now, if this explanation doesn't satisfy you, would you mind
>explaining why you are singularly sustaining the idea that you
>can use {*nImbuS wej maghoS} and be speaking legitimate Klingon
>according to all the rules of grammar that have been explained
>to us? Are you trying to argue that in this case {nImbuS wej} is
>one of those nouns that is mysteriously functioning as something
>other than a direct object or a locative? If so, would you mind
>explaining what its function is? I definitely don't see it and
>could stand some illumination. I'm willing to confess that I've
>been wrong if you can show me the grammatical explanation for
>what {nImbuS wej} is doing, grammatically in the collection of
>words that you would call a sentence: {*nImbuS wej maghoS}.

I'm not trying to argue anything, and as I SAID above, I likely just
subconsciously excepted it when I heard it in STV and had not thought about
it since.  If I'm wrong here then I'm wrong.  Can I get off the hook now
please?!?!

SuSvaj

>charghwI'

Back to archive top level