tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 10 18:01:59 1999

Re: cardinal directions

"Mark E. Shoulson" wrote:

> Man!  The intricacies of details people are trying to deduce from three
> lousy words!  Okrand gave us some directional words and folks are working
> out the details of Kronos' rotation and the Klingons' attitude toward their
> poles and what they consider make good co-ordinates!  Aren't we reading a
> bit much into all this?

I did not make this clear when I brought this up. The
tactical displays intrigued me about what coordinate system
they use. The listing of the cardinal directions sparked my
verbalization about the subject. I see the directions as
confirmatory to their use of a triangular based system. The
choice of that system, in their tactical displays and their
maps may be problematic may generate handicaps in their
ability to use mathematics, their understanding of physics,
their ability to use if not invent warp drive. It may not.
But i think it is something worth thinking about.

Ben (DraQoS)

Back to archive top level