tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 08 07:56:48 1999

Re: Verbs of speaking

>DIoraH's "jang. ja' <blah, blah, blah>" construction ...
>... I've written some brief verses with dialogue, and the forced
>repetition of *ja'* is getting awfully monotonous.
>
>qa'ral

fortunately [ja'] and [jatlh] are easy to say (no Q or H).
I too experienced the pain of repetition when I wrote my book;
but being written in third person there was no prefix so it isn't any longer
than the english equivalent.

ghel, jatlh ...
He asked him ...

DloraH (spelled with an {ell}, not an {eye})

Back to archive top level