tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 06 11:45:02 1999

Re: Translating the word "Klingon" into other languages?

Michael Kaplan wrote:

> In English its "Klingon" and then in the warrior's tongue its
> "tlhIngan-Hol".
> Do any of the (non-English) folks on this list have any conventions
> for whether or not to translate it to other languages? I am tempted
> to keep it tlhIngan-Hol in all langs, truth be told.
>
> michka

Since I am a native German speaker I feel responsible for giving the
German terms for <Klingon>

tlhIngan     *Klingone*
tlhIngan Hol *Klingonisch*

SEI:
*Austriangan jIH. *German/Austria Hol vIjatlhtaHvIS, *Klingonisch
rurchu'
<tlhIngan Hol> mu' 'ej *Klingone rurchu' <tlhIngan> mu'.

Back to archive top level