tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 06 10:01:24 1999

Re: KLBC: bang

In a message dated 12/6/99 11:54:17 AM Central Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> jatlh Regina:
>
>  > Can I use "bang" also as a verb? well, per example vIbang?
>
>  ghobe'. Parts of speech are fixed in Klingon, just like in English. You
>  certainly wouldn't say "I have to computer an email message" in English,
and

Actually, one of the sources of confusion about this topic is the fact that
you _could_ say "I have to computer an email message". It might
seem odd, but would be completely understood.  English has an amazing
ability to change the part of speech of its words,  mostly because
parts of speech aren't marked in any way on English words.  What newbies must
learn is that Klingon does not enjoy the same freedom.  Even without any
apparent difference in structure, nouns must remain nouns and verbs verbs
until MO says otherwise.

-- ter'eS

http://www.geocities.com/teresh_2000

Back to archive top level